Please note that due to the volume of applicants, we can only respond to people we wish to interview for an opening, and it can take up to six months to respond.
Thank you for your interest in Room’s editorial collective. Before you answer our questionnaire, here’s what the collective looks for in its volunteers.
- Room volunteers (“Roomies”) contribute a minimum of eight hours per month, reading manuscripts, attending meetings, and helping at Room’s issue launches and other literary events.
- Roomies may also take on additional roles to support the production of our four quarterly issues, and these roles often require additional hours, whether on a seasonal basis (for example, the duration of Room’s annual contests or the grant-writing season), or on an ongoing basis (for example, marketing, production).
- The goal is for as many as of us to edit issues as possible; we have an editorial ladder that allows Roomies to move upwards with mentorship and training.
- Room’s HR team provides mentorship and other forms of support.
- In addition to the hard work that we do, we also celebrate our successes at parties twice per year.
In order for us to learn more about you, please take a few minutes to answer the following questions. Thank you. Please feel free to add any further details that you think will be useful for us.