Once again, we're excited to join the thousands of like-minded literary folks who attend WORD Vancouver each year. If you live in the Greater Vancouver area, we hope you'll come down! Here are five ways to check out Room magazine at WORD Vancouver 2015:
1. Visit our table on Sunday, September 27, at the Magazine Mews tent on Homer Street
We'll have discounts on back issues and subscriptions available, as well as information on upcoming submission and contest opportunities at Room.
2. Check out our reading with Daniela Elza (38.3 Trespass) and Meaghan Rondeau (38.1 In Translation) on Sunday, September 27 at 12:10pm at the Magazine Words tent on Homer Street
Hosted by Bonnie Nish, Room editor and Executive Director of Pandora's Collective.
Daniela Elza’s poetry collections are: the weight of dew, the book of It, and milk tooth bane bone of which David Abram says: “Out of the ache of the present moment, Daniela Elza has crafted something spare and irresistible, an open armature for wonder." Daniela lives and writes in Vancouver.
Meaghan Rondeau was born in 1980 and has been alive ever since. She writes nonfiction, poems, rap lyrics, and translations of Greek and Roman things.
3. Join Room's poetry coordinator, Chelene Knight, for readings from her new book of poetry, Braided Skin, on Sunday, September 27
Chelene Knight will read on Sunday, September 27, at 12:30pm on the CUPE Stage and at 3:15pm for Poetic Explorations (begins at 3pm as part of the Poetry on the Bus programming). Recent Room contributor Lucas Crawford (issue 37.2) will also take part in Poetic Explorations, which is hosted by the always-hilarious duo Dina Del Bucchia and Daniel Zomparelli (poets and Can't Lit podcasters).
4. Join Pandora's Collective and Word Vancouver Present for the TWISTED POETS LITERARY SALON on Thursday, September 24, 7-9:30pm
Room editor Bonnie Nish is co-hosting (with Chelsea Comeau) a special Pandora's Collective and WORD Vancouver Twisted Poets Literary Salon, featuring writers Kate Braid (Room 38.2) & Elizabeth Bachinsky (Room 37.1) at the Cottage Bistro, 4468 Main St, Vancouver, BC. Arrive early to sign up for the open mic!
5. Join Pandora’s Collective and Word Vancouver for the Pandora's Collective Literary Awards Gala on Friday, September 25, 7pm
The Pandora’s Collective Literary Awards are presented to those who by their example and hard work continue to maintain and foster the Vancouver literary community. This year's awards recipients will be honoured at a special Gala to be held on Friday, September 25 at CBC Studio 700, 700 Hamilton St., 7 p.m. Festivities will include a cash bar and silent auction. Admission is free. Several Room editors will be in attendance, including Pandora's Collective Executive Director Bonnie Nish.